Youth Councils often struggle with attracting and retaining effective members and striking the right balance between meeting WIA's requirements and the spirit of the law - to drive collaborative, strategic, and comprehensive youth planning in the local area - that keeps members engaged. This toolkit contains six practical and easy-to-use modules developed to address critical needs identified by your peers.
These materials include:
- Youth Council Toolkit Introduction - Purpose of the Toolkit, authors of the Toolkit, and brief description of the six modules
- Module 1 - Key Principles for effective Youth Councils
- Module 2 - Work Plan Template provides a format for youth councils to record, organize and plan work activities to carryout the responsibilities under WIA delegated to youth councils by the local workforce boards
- Module 3 - Membership Scorecard for Retaining and Sustaining Members is designed for youth council leads to evaluate and rate their progress for retaining and sustaining members
- Module 4 - Training Quick Start Guide provides an overview of youth councils to youth council members and other interested parties
- Module 5 - Implementation: An Operational Resource offers information about the critical elements necessary for a youth council to operate successfully
- Module 6-- Public Relations: A Guide to Community Outreach offers tips for developing an outreach plan and sample correspondence to recruit community leaders and organizations to help in developing a local workforce development system.